April 2017 Flower Show
The April Flower Show takes place at our monthly meeting held on Thursday, April 27. Entry time is 6:30 p.m. to 7:10 p.m.
Judging begins at 7:15 p.m. sharp. Listed below are the categories for the show.
SECTION A – CUT SPECIMENS
- Hyacinth, any colour, 1 spike
- Iris, 1 stalk
- Narcissus, trumpet, 1 stem
- Narcissus, large cup, 1 stem
- Narcissus, small cup, 1 stem
- Narcissus, any other variety, 1 stem
- Tulip, 1 stem
- Any flowering bulb, corm or rhizome, 1 stem
- Collection of rockery flowers and/or small flowering bulbs, 3 or more kinds, must be named
- Helleborus (e.g. Christmas Rose), I stem
- Flowering Branch, natural or forced, not to exceed 76 cm
- Branch, foliage only, natural or forced, not to exceed 76 cm
- Any other flowering perennial, 1 stem
SECTION B – HOUSEPLANTS
- African violet, 1 crown, 1 pot
- Cactus or succulent, 1 pot
- Foliage house plant, plain foliage, 1 pot
house plant, variegated foliage, 1 pot
- Orchid, 1 pot
- Any other house plant, flowering, 1 pot
- Cell pack of seedlings, grown by exhibitor, must be named
SECTION C – DESIGN CATEGORIES
Show Theme: "April in Paris"
(All category titles have been taken from an actual design category for our club in that particular decade.)
- Le Marché - a design using a basket
a) Experienced exhibitors
b) Novice exhibitors (A person who has not yet won a first-place ribbon in a design category at an EYGC flower show.)
- Eiffel Tower - a vertical design
- Arc de Triomphe - a crescent design
- The Seine - a waterviewing design
- Un bonbon - a fresh miniature design
SECTION D – PRESERVES
- Full container, made within the previous 12 months
- No more than two entries per class per household.
- Must be vacuum-sealed.
- Ingredients must be listed.
- Chili Sauce or Salsa, 1 jar
- Jam, 1 jar
- Jelly, 1 jar (clear)
- Marmalade, 1 jar
- Pickles, 1 jar
- Vinegar, flavoured, 1 jar
- Any other kind of preserves, 1 jar