2017 Photography Contests
People's Choice Photo Contests
2017 will begin with People's Choice contests in January, February, & March. Another People's Choice Contest will take place at the Annual Flower Show and Tea on August 19, with three categories. And as always, we'll have a special competition at the November AGM, to select the photo used for the 2018 EYGC Yearbook cover. Entries are judged by a vote of those who are present at the meetings. You're invited to provide "photographic interpretation" for each category.
- January 19 - Yellow
- February 16 - Winter Fun
- March 16 - Flags
- August 19 (Annual Flower Show):
November 16 - Yearbook Cover
- O Canada
- Gorgeous Blossoms
- Just Maples
Annual Fall Photo Contest
are 13 categories in the 2017 Annual Contest. Seven are horticultural, five are general (with non-horticultural subjects), and one is for children and youth.
Entries will be accepted at the October general meeting on October 19. Here are this year's Annual Contest categories:
- Inside a Flower (a seriously close, close-up – nothing extraneous showing)
- Call me Herb
- The Other Side of the Fence
- Spring Fever (a spring garden)
- Look What I Grew in My Garden
- Window Boxes
- Wild in the City
- There is Something in the Air! (interpretive)
- Black & White (Any subject, using only black, white, and shades of grey)
- Railway Tracks
Children & Youth Section
- Anything Goes (any subject, does not have to be horticultural)
- Children's division (10 years or under)
- Youth division (11 to 17 years)
Full contest rules can be found in your yearbook on pages 27 to 29.
Entry forms will be available at the September & October meetings.