2019 Photography Contests
People's Choice Photo Contests
2019 will begin with People's Choice contests in January, February, & March. Another People's Choice Contest will take place at the Annual Flower Show and Tea on August 17, with three categories. And as always, we'll have a special competition at the November AGM, to select the photo used for the 2020 EYGC Yearbook cover. Entries are judged by a vote of those who are present at the meetings. You're invited to provide "photographic interpretation" for each category.
- January 17 - Enjoying Winter
- February 21 - Clouds
- March 21 - Going South
- August 17 (Annual Flower Show):
Show Theme: Ontario
November 21 - Yearbook Cover
- Ontario - Yours to Discover
- Good Things Grow in Ontario
- Ontario Emblems (Flag, Flower, Bird, etc.)
Annual Photo Contest
are 13 categories in the 2019 Annual Contest. Six are horticultural, six are general (with non-horticultural subjects), and one is for children and youth.
Entries will be accepted at the October general meeting on October 17. Here are this year's Annual Contest categories:
- Captured Beauty (Close up of a Flower)
- Harvest Time
- City of Toronto Gardens (Any garden in Toronto planted by the city staff)
- Critters in the Garden (Insects, birds, snakes, racoons, opossums, etc)
- There is Fungus Among Us (Lichen, moss, mushrooms)
- Where my feet have been this year
- Photographer’s Choice (Black and White only)
- Historic Toronto
- On the Water
- Foggy Weather
- Garden Art
Children & Youth Section
- Yellow in the Garden
- Children's division (10 years or under)
- Youth division (11 to 17 years)
Full contest rules and information can be found in your yearbook on pages 25 to 27.
Entry forms will be available at the September & October meetings.